Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Book Review: Prada & Prejudice-Mandy Hubbard


Mandy Hubbard's Prada & Prejudice is most definitely for any of you Janette Rallison fans out there. Here's the basic plot of the book:

Callie is one of those girls that you see on a trip to London for the summer, sitting alone at a cafe` because her "buddy" went off with her friends, and doesn't want to get in trouble. For some reason or another, she just starts walking off one day, away from the cafe` in her hotel, and starts to shop. Surely the girls'll accept her now, right? And then? Then she finds these awesomely amazing Prada heels, and has to have them. She goes in the store and buys them without even trying them out, then walks out with them on. Callie starts walking, and, BONK! She falls and hits her head on the concrete hard. When she comes to, it's somehow the year 1812, and she's somehow a guest in the house of Alex, the elitist duke of Harksbury. With an engagement to break, a kiss to win, and truth to find, Prada & Prejudice is a definite must-read for your new year.

The title of this book most definitely caught my eye at Borders. It's very entertaining, and the characters are very well put together. I love how I can relate to Callie in a lot of things--like, say, not being able to walk in 5-inch Prada heels. =]]

The storyline is very predictable, however I still couldn't put the thing down! It drew me in with every sentence I read, and yet I knew what was going to happen in the next one. Predictibility is not always bad, you know. =]]

The dialogue is amazing, the way she put it together. All of the 1812-characters talk formally and everything, while Callie still talks like 21st century and stuff. I write a lot, and things like that are very much easily said than done.

Cover Comments:

I have to give the cover some props. I mean, sure it may be sort of cliche, however it's always great to see one heel flying up in the air and an upside down teacup flying out of her hand. :)

All in all, I give this book a 7/10. Not the best, not the worst, but pretty close to the best. lol.


~Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment